Sunday, January 06, 2008

Phoenix Hanwha Ski Resort

Learning to ski! This was my first time attempting skiing. The tour guide told us that we will definitely sweat after 2 hours of skiing. I refused to believe. After 3 falls and countless tries.. I was sweating profusely.. fact 225: you do sweat even in crazy cold winter.


The night before, we went out by ourselves to recce and take pix of the ski slope. My first time this close to seeing a real ski slope. Ok.. I meant real ski slope with artificial snow. It just won't snow.


Taking the cable car ride to the top of the slope. No worries, we weren't crazy enough to ski from the top! lol


Looking down at the top


Can you see the grand vista in the background?


A pro.


The building at the bottom of the slope was where we stayed. Oh.. this was the one with the huge royal suite :D


Another pro. Took this inside the cable car on the way down.


Look at the scary crowds below. It was a weekend and Korean school kids were having holidays. Parents pay about SGD$1500 to send their kids to 5-days school camp to learn to ski. That shows how important this skill is in Korea.


Closer view of the crowds. We are going to join them in a few minutes.


After finally equipped and took very basic lessons, we were on our own. The ski boots were big and heavy. When you walk on them, you will start to walk like robocop. I'm not kidding.
And this was the start of my disastrous journey to learn skiing. I fell 3 times and wow... i couldn't get up on my own.. -__-" so depressing... my kind/poor fren helped me out. After the 3rd time, i decided that skiing is not for me. Took off my skis and just wear the robocop boots to move around taking pix. And that... was the highlight of my ski-venture.


1 comment:

Snowboard Hire said...

My family and I love the snow and every winter holiday, we make sure we go to Jindabyne to have a grand vacation. It is also the bonding time for me and the kids. We snowboard hire at the foot of the mountain so that we won't be having a hard time carrying skis and snowboards from our apartment to the mountain and back.