Sunday, January 06, 2008

Naminara Republic aka Winter Sonata Island

Nami island is situated 63km along the north of Han River and was made famous by the popular Korean Drama 'Winter Sonata'.

Our tour guide kept reminding us to think 'romantic' to feel the atmosphere of the island. But it's hard to do that when you have scores of tourists around you.. lol.

It's a pity that we do not have the luxury of taking our sweet time or relax for too long there.

http://www.namisum.com/
http://www.naminara.com/


Nami Island in the background. This was the very first stop in our trip. We had 'weather shock' the second we got off from our tour bus. So so cold ~~~~ It reminded me of the time when I first arrived in Tokyo. Only this time, it's worst! Much worst!


We boarded the ferry for a short 3 minutes ride to reach Nami Island.


It was Christmas day that day, so it was quite special to celebrate this day in Korea. And to my surprise, at least one quarter of the population in Korea are Christians!


While hunting for shooting opportunity, I saw this couple riding on the bicycle. They looked like they came right out of Winter Sonata drama. Haha.. so cute.. the hairdo, the outfit and their accesories looked so much like the lead roles in the drama.


The nice lines of trees made famous in the drama. According to my pamplet, it's called the Metasequoia Lane.


Another shot from ground up and you can have a feel of the height of the trees.


Towards the end of the lane, there is this nice lonely tree by the lake. I like how it almost touches the water.


Another shot and we are off the island. I wished I had more time to stay there and enjoy the scenaries.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i am impressed with the Nami Island photos!! Especially the one with flowing water... ;)

Miss Diam Diam said...

Beautiful pics!! I luv them!

Anonymous said...

I think u capture the essence of korea very well! :D

Anonymous said...

I have also found roles of the Father on Nami Island. Happy Father's Day!